TMS Webinar Series: Container Terminals in the Pandemic – Rapid Bounce Back or Slow Recovery?
The coronavirus pandemic has had a big impact on container terminal operations around the world. In some area’s throughput has slumped by well over 20%. There are already some signs of a recovery in some areas, but it is doubtful that container growth will return quickly and may take until well into 2021 to pick up strongly.
For its tenth Webinar in the Covid-19: A Leadership Perspective series, which takes place on October 7th at 12.30 pm UAE time, The Maritime Standard is focussing on issues relating to container terminal operations and development. An experienced and influential panel is being assembled to discuss the key issues facing terminals, both in their day-to-day operations and the longer-term development scenario.
Topics proposed for discussion include:
- The impact of the pandemic on container terminal throughputs, regionally and worldwide
- What time scale can we expect for recovery?
- Global trade volatility – how can container terminals adapt?
- Container terminal impacts from a shipping line perspective
- Ensuring safety and security
- Using new technology to boost efficiency and support remote working
- What impact will the crisis have on container terminal infrastructure projects underway or planned?
- Can the pandemic accelerate use of green technology solutions?
- Driving a digital revolution in container terminals
- The impact of global supply chain changes
- Reforming terminal operations to meet the new normal
It is anticipated that the webinar will last for around 2 hours. An initial series of questions and a panel discussion session will be followed by a final section where panellists will get the chance to answer questions posted by attendees from around the world.