DP World and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a global institutional investor, have announced the expansion of their ports and terminals investment platform through a new commitment of US$4.5 billion (CA$6 billion). This will increase the total size of the platform to US$8.2 billion (CA$ 10.6 billion) of which DP World holds a 55% share and CDPQ the remaining 45%.
Since its launch in December 2016, the platform has invested in ten port terminals globally and across various stages of the projects’ life cycles. The enhanced platform will continue to target assets globally, but with a focus on broadening its footprint in existing geographies. It will also seek to diversify into new regions such as Europe and Asia Pacific.
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Group Chairman and CEO, DP World, said: “The partnership between DP World and CDPQ has been very successful, and we have benefited from each other’s expertise. The opportunity for the port and logistics industry is significant and the outlook remains positive as consumer demand triggers major shifts across the global supply chain.”